Despite a lot being said about workplace inclusivity, it still comes as a surprise to
many just how little is actually done at companies to make their processes and
workspaces inclusive. To remedy the situation, the Disability Awareness Session is
designed and run by CVF. The program aims to arouse empathy among people
towards giving them an insight into the challenges and hardships they face in
everyday life. In such programs we do Survey, We Identify, understand their
problem by spending time with them and then took any decision that how they
can get support.
- Practice the Golden Rule. Treat everyone as you would like to be treated. …
- Always Ask Before Giving Assistance. Just because a person has a disability, they
don’t necessarily need or want your assistance. …
- Think Before You Speak. .
- Understand their actual need ..
- Avoid Showing Pity or Being Patronizing.
There may be times when you try your best to be respectful of a person with a
disability and it backfires. You may be perceived incorrectly or perhaps offend
someone unintentionally. Before getting angry and thinking, “They should
understand I wasn’t trying to be rude,” step back from the situation and
understand there could be many contributing factors to why that person got